QUILT CLUB SUPPLIES
You’ll get a detailed requirements list of supplies, fabric, notions etc before the club begins, but here’s a general list to give you an idea of what you’ll need to make the quilt club projects.
- A sewing machine
- OPTIONAL: An embroidery machine and a way of transferring downloaded designs onto your machine
- Sharp scissors or snips for trimming appliques
- Rotary cutter and mat
- Iron and pressing mat
- Your favourite notions for pinning and marking fabrics
- fabrics (background, applique and backing fabrics), battings, embroidery threads
- Bias strip for binding projects
- Piping cord (optional)
- Fusible web for applique
The following may be used when we make projects with quilt blocks. You’ll get a full list with each Quilt Club
- Snaps/poppers/magnetic fasteners
- Fusible foam stabiliser/batting/wadding for bags, eg Bosal, or something of similar weight and body.
- Various lengths of zippers, (standard not invisible).
- Small snap clasps suitable for key fobs
- Optional rivets and studs suitable for bag making